Friday, August 31, 2012

Decatur Book Festival 2012!



Well, it's that time of year again.....Tonight I'll be heading down to Atlanta, GA for the annual Decatur Book Festival.  If you've ever been to Atlanta, then you know it has some of the best shopping in the south....especially some of the best book shopping. It seems like every time I go to Atlanta I come home with a huge haul of books and tons of clothes from H&M.  I suppose I can't complain!

Last year, the DBF saw the likes of Clyde Edgerton, Tom Perrotta, and Karen Russell (among many others), and this year the festival will feature more than 300 authors, including Erin Morgenstern, Michael Connelly, David Levithan, Lauren Groff, Kevin Henkes, Sheila Turnage, Julie Otsuka, and Gail Tsukiyama.  Seriously, y'all, it gives me chills.

If you want to know more about the DBF, check out their events schedule and full author listing.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  Now I'm off to finish packing!  I shall return on Monday with a full report and an empty wallet.  I hope y'all enjoy the holiday weekend as well!