Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vacation books

One week from today, my husband and I will be taking a week-long vacation to Phoenix, Arizona to spend time with family (and hopefully enjoy some poolside reading time).  For the trip, I will be on an airplane for close to 9 hours total, so I want to take a few books with me to get me through the long flights. My husband has a stack of graphic novels to take, and here are the books I think I've finally settled on:


The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery 
I've been wanting to read this mystery for a long time and everyone I know who has read it thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've heard it is quite entertaining, so hopefully it will distract me from the uncomfortable airplane seats.
Peachtree Road 
Y'all know I love juicy family sagas, and I mentioned a few weeks ago that this book is on my summer reading list.  Maybe if I get homesick for the south, this novel (set in Atlanta) will be of comfort.  :)

Barnes & Noble NOOK ebook reader (WiFi + 3G)[B&W]
In case these two books aren't enough to feed my literary addiction for 10 days, I will also be taking my nook with me, which has about 300 books that I've downloaded and are waiting to be read.  In my nook library, I've got lots of books that I've been meaning to read for a while, like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Thirteenth Tale, The Book Thief, and much more.


   So yeah.....I'm going on vacation for 10 days, and I'll be taking over 300 books with me. I should be alright. :)